Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I thought it was FRIDAY the thirteenth we were supposed to be wary of...

So far, today sucks.

I knew it was going to suck at 6:05 this morning, which is five minutes after I woke up. I realized it when it dawned on me that no, no one had snuck in during the night and driven a railroad spike through the right side of my head, and no, I wasn't just being horribly uncoordinated and yes, my thought processes were indeed as slow as molasses in January.

I woke up with a friggin' migraine.

Then the Husbandly One, on one of his forays outside, discovered I had a flat tire.

*head-desk*

And just to add to the fun, the Impossible Son's ear was hurting to the point of tears.

I was tempted to tell the Impertinent Daughter that she was absolutely forbidden to have anything wrong with her this morning. But I didn't.

THO aired the tire up enough for me to get Miss Impertinent to school, and then to Expert Tire, which has been our go-to for all things car related for a while. And I was really, really hoping it would be a patch job, not a new tire. And I was also hoping that when I called in to the doctor's office, we could get an early appointment so that Mr. Impossible could go to school afterwards, if he was cleared for it.

Yeah. Right.

There was a screw in the tire, the third they'd seen since 7 a.m. and yes, I viewed that with a rather jaundiced eye. Still, it was in a spot that meant no patch job. How convenient. Hello, new tire.

And the only appointment I could get for Mr. Impossible was 12:45, well after the "if you can get him to school before 10 a.m., he won't be counted absent" cut-off. Yeah, even with a doctor's note, they count your kid absent if you bring him in after 10 a.m. The things that drive me nuts about this district don't even need recounting, do they?

So... I'm sitting here, huddled in front of the computer, wishing I could take something for my head, but I can't because... I need to be able to drive, plus Mr. "I Have A Bottomless Pit For A Stomach" is eating everything in sight, and that makes me want to cry because that usually means he's about to have a growth spurt and we just got him new shorts!!

GAAAAAHH!!!!!

Chocolate. I need lots, and lots, and lots of chocolate. Now. That way, when I wake up from the chocolate induced coma, it will be a whole new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment