Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Hearing Glitch Strikes Again!!

So, I was making cinnamon toast for the kids, and the Impossible Son dances into the kitchen.

"Mama! Mama! Mama! On TV, it said, steers... come back... alive!" he says in dramatically appropriate tones.

I blinked. "Um... what was that? And look into my face so I can read your lips, sweetie."

His face screwed up with concentration, he said, very carefully, "Steers... come back... alive!"

Er... what??? Is this some sort of... cartoon horror movie, involving cows? Maybe like that killer psycho sheep movie from New Zealand? "One more time, Mr. Manzie?"

"Sleers... gumback... lanai!!!"

Still not getting it.

At this point, the Impertinent Daughter walks in and says, "No, no, no, it was 'Sears... don't just come back... arrive!' Get it right, dork!"

I blinked again, and the Impossible Son laughed and said, "Yeah! That's what I said!"

Ooooookaaaaaaay...

When he had danced back into the living room, Miss Priss turned to me and said, "What did you think he said?" Then died laughing when I told her.

"What was he actually saying?" I asked, dying of curiosity.

"Sears! Come back! Arrive!"

*laughs*

And before anyone asks, I have asked about hearing aids. They won't help me hear better, because I actually hear just fine. All they would do is help me misunderstand you... louder.

I'm still contemplating a horror movie about zombie castrated bulls.

*merry laughter*

No comments:

Post a Comment