Thursday, July 3, 2008

Caught in the Act...

Okay, so... the Husbandly One came home from work early today, because tomorrow (July 4th), is a national holiday.

THO coming home early always gets Jo randy.

The kids and I were watching our DVD of "The Incredibles", and he sat down to join us, and we watched, and chatted, and as soon as it was over, I decided to go to the bedroom to check email and decide what to do with my er... extra energy until such time as the kids were, say, playing at a neighbors, or... otherwise occupied.

After a while, THO came into the bedroom to chat, and I was showing him some funny things I had found, and we were talking, and he laid back on the bed to "rest" his eyes, and I suddenly realized... the kids were occupied. Miss Priss was in her room, drawing while listening to music, while the Impossible Son was playing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on his computer.

And I couldn't stand it anymore. About this point, THO sat up and started asking me about a party we are going to tomorrow, that I am expected to bake an apple pie for, and what kind of apples did I need, and suddenly found himself with a lapful of very amorous, very demanding wife.

It was wonderful!!!

I pushed him down on the bed, latched onto his mouth, kissing, we were rubbing most enthusiastically together, I could feel how much he was enjoying this, and somewhere in my lust-fogged brain, I was thinking, maybe we should close the door... when I heard it.

skrriiitch

The sound of velcro.

Neither of us was wearing velcro.

We both froze and slowly turned our heads to see the Impossible Son standing by THO's closet, dressed in his Dash Impossible costume, both hands clamped firmly over his eyes. You could practically HEAR him screaming frantically inside his head, "Must bleach brain! Must bleach brain!!"

For one wild nano-second, I was horrified. Then my sense of the ridiculous hit me, and I burst out into hearty laughter, followed by the Husbandly One, and we rolled apart on the bed in tears, gripping our sides, because really, Mr. Manzie's expression when he peeked out tentatively from between his fingers was... hilarious, a perfect mix of oh-no-are-they-still-doing-it?, curiosity, and disgust. You know, like, "Ew, blech,kissing!!"

"Are you done now?" he said in a resigned voice.

That sent us right back into helpless laughter.

"What were you guys doing anyway?" he asked, walking slowly to the bed. "Kissing??"

"Yes," said THO. "It's something grownups do when they love each other, and they're feeling happy and silly."

"Yes," I said, trying not to fall apart again. "Very silly. It's for growing closer."

"Oh!" he said, nodding wisely. "Growing closer is good."

"Yes, very good!" THO said, and Mr. Manzie was completely happy with that.

Next time Jo is feeling amorous and randy, however, she will remember to close and lock the door!!

No comments:

Post a Comment