Monday, April 12, 2010

Char, this is for you...

Okay, Char, you were right.

You were right, you were right, you were right.

It's totally your fault that I got hooked on the Harry Potter series in the first place, you know that, right?

Now it's totally your fault that I'm apparently getting hooked on Thursday Next.

I'm three fourths of the way through The Eyre Affair, and I'm ... hooked. You're right, it's a slightly rough read, but still good, and since you've assured me that the following books are better, I'm depending on that, and I apologize for taking such a long time to start reading them. Blame it on the fact that I thought they were still in a box in my closet, and instead, the Husbandly One had put them on the bookshelf in the living room where he thought I would be sure to see them.

He really should know me better than that!

Anyhow, I thought you would like to know, and that every time I see you for the next year or so, I'll be bowing my head and muttering, "You were right, you were right, you were right," until you are satisfied that I have suitably humbled myself to your far superior knowledge of my reading habits.

I should have learned my lesson by now, right?

*sighs*

You were right, you were right, you were right...

No comments:

Post a Comment