Monday, March 29, 2010

WHEEEE-OOOOO-WHEEEEE-OOOOO!!!

I was awakened at the ungodly hour of 4:45 a.m. this morning, and now, here I sit, at 5:20 a.m., making a post. Why, you ask?

Because the Husbandly One, when setting his alarm last night, for some inexplicable reason, also set his clock one hour ahead.

O_o

Yes, it is his job to wake us both up in the mornings, since he is a light sleeper, and I am a notoriously heavy sleeper, even though I have the bizarre and utterly useless tendency to wake up 5 seconds before someone actually wakes me up. Dunno why, but I've always been that way. I have to be completely and totally exhausted for that not to happen.

Anyhow, I didn't notice this until after I had checked the weather, and looked at local news, and was about to log into my writing blog. The Impertinent One had asked me to get her up a little earlier than usual so she could shower, and I automatically checked the computer clock to see what time it was... and blinked when I saw it said, "5:15." Turn to the clock on THO's side of the bed. 6:15.

Okay, so maybe the computer clock is off? I look down, there's my cell phone, so I pick it up to check that clock. 5:15.

B'zuh?

So, I trot into the kitchen where THO is making himself some coffee, and I said, "Honey? What time is it?"

He stops right in the middle of the kitchen, looks at me like I'm nuts, and says, "Huh?"

"What time is it? Check the time on the microwave," I said encouragingly.

So he looks at it, frowns, and then... his whole body slumps. "It's after five?? What the hell...?" He checks the living room clock and yes, it's still after five. He smears his face around with one hand, then says, "I must have reset the clock when I was setting the alarm."

"Yeah," I said sympathetically. "I was wondering why I was feeling so stoned." I mean, I had to force myself into "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" mode!

*an hour later*

He actually tried to go about his morning as usual, but while I was sitting here typing, he came in, stripped down to his boxers, tugged me away from the computer, and said, "We can't sleep, but we can doze for an hour, so... let's go back to bed!"

*grin*

Who'm I to turn down an invitation to bed with a handsome man?

I know this is going to turn into one of our funny family stories. Can't wait to see the expression on the kids' faces when I tell them what their papa did! When I'm a little more awake, that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment