Thursday, December 6, 2012

Why, Yes, I AM A Huge Geek, Why Do You Ask??

Okay, so... dunno if this counts as a spoiler for Star Trek: Into Darkness because it's JUST A THEORY, but... just in case you don't want to read it, I'm warning you now so you can hit the back button and pretend you never saw this. Okay? Okay?

*pauses and waits while all the people who DON'T want to know retreat and go find something much more interesting to read*

Okay, so... I know a lot of people have theorized that the villain in the new film will be Khan, but after watching the new trailer that came out today, I... don't think so.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch is going to play... Gary Mitchell.

Why do I think this? Well... at first, I thought the blonde woman shown standing next to Captain Kirk on the bridge was Yeoman Rand, etc, but... after the second time watching it through, I thought... "You know, that looks more like Dr. Elizabeth Deyner."

And yeah, Gary Mitchell wasn't in the first Reboot movie (that we know of), but remember, this is a reboot of the Star Trek universe as we know it. So... maybe in this universe, James T. Kirk and Gary Mitchell weren't friends. And maybe Gary Mitchell was on another ship... or maybe he was the guy who got lung worm, who knows? Anyhow, the Enterprise's first mission with Captain Kirk at the helm in the original series as, "Where No Man Has Gone Before." But... we're rebooting, right?

So... anyhow, that's my theory. We've got Gary Mitchell who has achieved the god-like powers he'd gained in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and... didn't get killed on that planet near the galactic rim by Captain Kirk, because this is a different timeline now.

Either way, this is going to be an awesome movie, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

And that's all I have to say about that!!

1 comment: