Monday, July 9, 2012

Let's Do the Time Warp...

My personal sense of time has become somewhat distorted of late. I've always had a clock in my head, maybe not letting me know what precise time it was, but always within about fifteen minutes, plus or minus about five. You could say I've always known, in a general sense, when I am.

But over the last year, that sense has been undependable, until I have a sudden jangling realization of, "OMIGOD, WE'RE LATE!!!" So... less like having a clock in my head and more like an unexpected, very annoying alarm. And it's driving me nuts. I may have to actually start wearing a watch again.

Of course, I know who to blame. *glares at husband*

See, the Husbandly One has set the clock in our bedroom to be fifteen minutes fast (more or less) so he won't be late to work. I get that, and I support it. Unfortunately, he moved the clock in the living room that I could see easily from the sink just by turning around to check it. It's now only visible from the front door. And it's five minutes fast.

On the other hand, the digital clock in the van was set seven minutes fast. And the clock in the Impertinent Daughter's room is four minutes slow, and the Impossible Son's clock is... just wrong.

Is it any wonder the clock in my head is totally confused and I never know what time it is? And let me tell you, Daylight Savings Time, cursed be its name, doesn't help.

Thank goodness for the internet and the ability to check the time, or I'd be hopelessly lost!!

No comments:

Post a Comment