Friday, September 26, 2008

Stunned...

My husband is so sharp, it's a wonder he doesn't cut himself...

Two weeks ago, he said, "You know, hon, I'm thinking... I'm thinking we need to switch banks. I'm thinking... let's use the credit union here in town. They have better rates, and if we end up having to trade in one of our cars, we'll get a better deal."

I said, "What are you thinking and why are you mentioning this now?"

And he said, "Well, our bank's stock has plummeted. I think it's going to fail, and I've been thinking that we should bank locally anyway. Only thing is, our mortgages are there, but that'll be protected, so I don't think we have anything to worry about. But I do think we should move our checking account and consider moving our savings, as well."

I said, "Okay, sure..." So, last weekend, we opened an account at the credit union.

And this morning, Washington Mutual failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment